FACEBOOK GROUP ENGAGEMENT IDEAS
Before I even start writing about Facebook Group Engagement Ideas, it will be proper to explain why you shouldn’t even bother with a Facebook Group in the first place.
WHY FACEBOOK GROUP?
I say this often, that if you don’t build a community around your brand, product or service, you’ll be out-done by the competition who does.
If you don’t build a community around your brand, product or service, you’ll be out-done by the competition who does
- Facebook Group will help you build a community around your brand, interest, cause, or business.
- Facebook Group will help you build brand loyalty as members start forging meaningful relationships.
- Facebook Group will position you as a thought leader in your Niche.
- Facebook Group will help you build a massive Know, Like and Trust factor; that is, it will make people know, like and trust you.
- With a sizeable Facebook Group community, other industry thought leaders will want to collaborate with you.
- More people will take your recommendations seriously because they are already part of your tribe
- Facebook Group will help you reach more of your community members as the email culture of most people in Africa is horrible, lots of people open their emails, not more than once a week.
Though the fact that you need to build your email list cannot be over-emphasized, I strongly encourage you to have a Telegram or WhatsApp group to compliment your Email List, this will help you reach your audience quicker.
For your Facebook Group to serve its purpose, it needs to be engaging;
- Members must find your Facebook group valuable and look forward to engaging.
- Members must feel like they are part of a tribe.
- Members must be proud to invite their circle of influence to your group.
9 FACEBOOK GROUP ENGAGEMENT IDEAS
YOUR FACEBOOK GROUP MUST BE A PRIVATE OR CLOSED GROUP
Making your Facebook group a private or closed group gives it a feeling of exclusivity, this will make your members feel special and give your community a premium feel.
2. BE CLEAR ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU WANT AS MEMBERS
Don’t give the impression that just anybody can become a member of your group.
Have a well-defined persona of your ideal member and ensure that all members fit this persona. One rule of success is that those you are attracting must have similar interests.
3. SHOOT A WELCOME VIDEO AND PIN IT TO THE TOP OF THE GROUP
Personally, this is the second most important Facebook Engagement Idea in my Facebook group, it sets the tone for every other thing in the group.
Here are six items that must be eminently captured in your welcome video;
- Introduce yourself (Don’t hire a voice-over artist, rather do the talking yourself and let the people see your face).
- Ask members to introduce themselves as they join the group.
- Emphasize your rules (No spamming, No self-promotion, etc).
- State your Telegram or WhatsApp group link (this will help for instant messaging).
- State what members are to expect from the group.
- State that members who go against the group rules will either be muted, removed, or post-approval activated for them.
4. BRAND THE GROUP TO YOU
Understand that people are tired of following corporate logos and brands, they want to follow human beings; therefore, you must brand the group to you.
Be the face of the group, have your headshot image displayed in the Cover Photo, nobody should be unsure about who owns the group.
5. SIFT THE PEOPLE YOU ALLOW INTO YOUR GROUP
Don’t work with small people because small people cause big problems.
Small people in this context are people not genuinely interested in your content, message, or community, these are the people who will want to spam the group and cause all kinds of problems.
The way to sift the group is by asking two or three questions to ascertain their interest level before you approve their membership.
6. SPOTLIGHT YOUR GROUP MEMBERS
You should make it a point of duty to celebrate the most engaging members of your community, you could tag them to a post and just acknowledge them.
You should make it a point of duty to celebrate the most engaging members of your community
You can get your Top 10 commenters from the Facebook Groups’ insight area and just spotlight them, this will make them feel special and you’d have motivated them to do more as well as encourage others to be more engaging and interactive.
7. HAVE THEME DAYS
For instance, in the Marketing on Fire Community, we have the following theme days even though it’s not fully enforced;
- Motivation Monday
- Team-Up Tuesday
- Self-promotion Thursday
- Gratitude Weekend
These theme days helps to set to tune for the conversation on the group, it’s often a conversation starter.
Note: You may struggle to get the theme days active if you have less than 1000 members.
8. RUN A POLL
You could post two topic ideas and ask your members to vote which of the two they’d like you to teach first.
Polls are always a great idea as most people would want to get their voices heard, thereby leading to lots of engagements.
9. HOST A REGULAR FACEBOOK LIVE IN YOUR GROUP
This Facebook Engagement Idea gives me the best result in my Facebook group.
As much as possible, you want to host Facebook lives on your group, even if it’s once a week or twice a month.
Choose whatever schedule works for you and stick to it.
These are Nine Facebook Group Engagement Ideas that I’m sure will work for your group if you dare to implement them.
2 CALLS TO ACTION
- Which of these nine strategies resonated the most with you? Let me know in the comments, I respond to all my comments.
- If you got value from this post, kindly help share it by clicking on the share icons at the bottom of this post. Thanks in advance